Into the Myst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is home
Breathe, it's just a bad day. Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am

» Tatterdemalion 2.0
Breathe, it's just a bad day. Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am

» Translucence
Breathe, it's just a bad day. Emptyby Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:43 pm

» Fear makes the wolf look bigger
Breathe, it's just a bad day. Emptyby Cecelie Atreyu Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:18 am

» Justice Will Serve
Breathe, it's just a bad day. Emptyby Hawke Vezzan Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Credits
Layout design by Corky. Altered banner and background credited to their artist. History, ages, creatures, races and concept art credited to Cyan Worlds and Ubisoft, alterations credited to Corky.
OPEN CBOX

Breathe, it's just a bad day.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female
Character Age : 23
Home Age : Uru

Breathe, it's just a bad day. Empty
PostSubject: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Drunk men were the life of the Eder Kemo. They fought, scratched, and jabbed at Urun soldiers every chance they got. Nighttime fighting was common in the Eder Kemo. Cecelie was used to scraps and hearing lost drunk men outside or other various reasons Hawke couldn’t stay long passed sundown. The slums came alive once darkness fell. Most of the time she obeyed, though never forgot to give him a pout when he left.

Tonight was different. Tonight Cecelie had stopped to pick up a sweet wine on her way home from class, and had picked up some fruit as well. In the market there were a few men who grabbed and whistled at her but she ignored them, only to be followed with whispers of rumors regarding a Nobleman who had taken interest in her. Few said he had begged her to marry him but that she was a prude, yet others said she visited his home at night once all the well bred eyes were no longer looking. In reality the Nobleman, Jon, had come to visit her only once to see the beautiful maiden that was offered as a settlement in a debt. The family that had picked her up and brushed her off was deeply in debt to the Nobleman, but had offered Cecelie’s hand as a tribute to clear their name.

This troubled the young teacher as she walked home, much as it had been for the past two nights. She had yet to mention anything to anyone, but rumors spread like wildfire in the Eder Kemo. Another thing that spread in the poor village was jealousy, and Cecelie Atreyu became fully aware of that as she was walking home. A young woman, unknown to Cecelie, hurried to step with her and knock the strawberries and blueberries from her hand and down onto the dirty earth only to walk briskly away, smirking over her shoulder as she watched Cecelie stop and frown. “I’m sure he’ll buy you some new ones, pretty thing.
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male
Character Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm

“It looks better, Hawke. No sign of infection” Magda finished checking his wound and rebandaged it. The stab wound in his thigh from the fight nights ago hadn’t appeared to be that bad, but it had been very deep. It had cut through muscle and was taken some time for Hawke to recover. He had seen a doctor in Gabreesen but they had wanted him to be in bed rest for weeks, and Hawke had refused. Instead he had returned to Eder Kemo and had Magda keep an eye on the wound. She was a widow who once had a husband who was a soldier, and who once had tried to seduce Hawke but had let him off the hook when she saw how shy and nervous he was. She had dealt with many deep wounds before, and was why he had been having her look after it.

“Thank you, Magda” He said after the wound was bandaged again and he rolled down his trouser. Magda nodded with a smile but it slowly burnt off as she looked at him and he tilted his head “Is something the matter?” He asked curiously and she frowned, leaning back against the table “Hawke…your sweetheart, the girl you told me about. Her name was Cecelie, right?” She asked and he nodded “Yes” He suddenly became worried, wondering what she was going to say and sat up more on her bed. She sighed and crossed her arms “I know you ain’t got time for rumors, but, I’ve been hearing she’s engaged to some nobleman. He comes and visits her all the time”. Hawke made a face, standing and shaking his head “What? Cece never mentioned anything like that before. It’s just a rumor” He picked up his sword and she shrugged “I’m just saying what I heard is all.” He smiled “I know. But I do not listen to silly rumors” So Magda let it drop and he bid her farewell before leaving to see Cece.

He walked to Cece’s, his eyes scanning as he did for any trouble he had to deal with. As he neared Cece’s home he spotted someone kneeling on the ground, only to realize it was her. He quickly walked over, the quicker pace putting a bit of a limp in his leg but he ignored it “Cecelie?” He asked, kneeling down beside her “What are you doing?” He looked at the scattered fruit and frowned then back to her.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm

The usual cheery disposition that Cece held was gone that afternoon. Normally she would have walked through the streets with a slight smile on her face (though in the Eder Kemo it was best to look stern and tough), but there was no such expression on her face. Instead she was troubled with the noble’s offer and even more disheartened by her spoiled fruit. More than half the basket had spilled over the ground, but a few remained and she picked up the basket and tried to compose herself. There was no use picking up the dropped fruits, who knew what had trailed over these grounds.

Just as she adjusted her basket to stand Hawke was at her side, kneeling down with her. A slight smile touched her lips but faded soon after. “I dropped my basket.” She then stood up slowly and reached her hand out to Hawke, looking at his leg and a little worry shown in her honey eyes. “How are you feeling?” It bothered her that he wouldn’t let her be the one to take care of him, but Cecelie wasn’t one to whine. Instead she would bottle up any sadness or ill feeling and replace it with a whimsical expression in her eyes. Tonight she felt herself acting a little distant and less affectionate than normal (she would have usually squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek before they got inside where she would have kissed him) but tried to keep a small smile on. After a moment’s pause she led him to her door and went inside, gesturing for him to follow. At least her wine hadn’t been dropped, it would help ease the tension she held in her shoulders about the rumors and ill feelings.

“I hope you are hungry, soldier. I had berries, but..." She smiled, though it wasn't as whole hearted as normal. "I can make you something else." Normally she poured Hawke water and gave him some bread to snack on while she cooked, but tonight she poured him a sweet wine in a very tall glass. One for him, and one for herself.
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm

He shook his head at her offered hand and stood himself, not wanting to appear to be weak, not in Eder Kemo when weakness was feasted upon, especially weakness in a solider. He saw her expression and he grew concerned “I feel fine. Magda checked the wound. There is still no sign of infection” It still ached and began to numb his leg when he walked on it too long, but Magda had said it was healing so he did not worry too much. It would take much more time to heal, but he felt assured that it would and he’d be back to normal shortly. He touched her face and searched her eyes “How are you feeling?” Something was wrong, he could immediately sense it. She wasn’t her normal playful self, she seemed to somber and serious and he was not used to such emotion from his Cece. He followed her however to her home and inside, his eyes still glued to her in worry.

Her half-baked smile didn’t convince him and he went up to her and took her hand, bringing it up to kiss it “Cece, tell me what’s wrong” He would not be able to relax and enjoy the evening knowing something was bothering her.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male
Character Age : 28
Home Age : Riven

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 pm

It didn’t offend her that he didn’t take her hand, she merely tucked it away and made her way home. “I am fine.” She had responded to his question, a usual female response when there was more wrong beneath the surface. She felt silly acting so cold, and once they were inside her home she tried to relax a little more.

“Please sit down and drink your wine.” She asked, smiling softly at his kiss and she squeezed his hand in return. Cecelie knew he must want to sit with his wounded leg, and she didn’t want him fussing over her while she cooked. He needed to heal quickly so she wouldn’t have to worry about him so much while he was on the street. “There is a Nobleman who…” No, that wasn’t the right way to start the story. She moved around her kitchen and began pulling ingredients out to make Hawke a delicious, hearty, pasta dinner to help him heal quicker. If he got fat he would heal quickly, right? “A family that is dear to me is in debt to a Nobleman. They helped pick me up after my mother was murdered,” The words still pained her to say and she swallowed hard as she put a pan of water over the stove to boil. “They are the ones who helped me settle here, I owe them everything… and they owe him everything.” The young teacher bent down to adjust the wood for the stove, then brushed her hands off and continued preparing his dinner though she took a moment to look back at him. “They suggested… The Nobleman is a bachelor, and…” There was a paleness to her face as she spoke and she turned back to the stove to stir and keep herself occupied so she wouldn’t have to look at him. “They asked if I could be their settlement.”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 pm

For a moment he had thought he had done something to upset her…but what? He racked his brain but could not think of anything he had done. He always did his best to please Cece and keep her happy, but he was a man after all so it was very likely he did something and had no idea he had done it. With no mother to have raised him he felt he was even less aware of women than normal men were. “Not until you tell me what is wrong. If I did something to upset you then I wish to make it up to you. I do not want you angry with me” He’d feel horrible if he upset her and didn’t make it right. He did sit however on a stool to take some pressure off his leg, but his eyes stayed on her.

He listened as she spoke and grew curious when she mentioned a nobleman. Didn’t Magda mention a nobleman associated with Cece? But it had to be wrong, people confused the truth all the time. When she finished however it took him a few moments to digest what she meant and that was when the horror entered his face “They wish to…what? Sell you to him like some prized painting?” He stood and shook his head “How could they even suggest such a thing? You’re not an animal to be traded” The idea disgusted him. He hated how women in Teledahn were given away like they were objects. It was wrong and he did not condone it.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 am

The water began to boil on the stove and Cecelie threw in her noodles. She started another pot to mix spices with a creamy sauce, filling the kitchen with a mouth watering aroma. “I could never be upset with you.” She looked to him with a smile as she stirred the dinner. “You are far too sweet to me.” He was perfect, actually. Did he ever do anything wrong? Well, sometimes he left sooner than she anticipated, but that was his job… She was spoiled by him and wanted all the time she could get especially with the offer that loomed over her head.

She frowned when he stood up. “Please sit down.” She asked softly, looking down to his leg before turning the oven on to toast some bread for garlic bread. Cecelie then went to him and touched his arm, her fingers tracing over the muscle that made her heart race. “It was all they could think of… they are in so much debt to him and after helping me with this house they have no way to repay him.” Sadness shadowed her normally warm and loving eyes. “I do not want them to be harmed, Hawke. They are not beggers or thieves, they don’t deserve … they deserve to be happy.” And she didn’t? She stepped closer to him, moving her hands to his chest as she leaned in closer. “But I do not want to be wed to some… some Nobleman.” She scrunched her nose with the words and shook at the thought. Water began to boil over and she turned back to go to the stove. “How am I supposed to promise myself to one man when I am already in love—“ As soon as the words came from her mouth she bit her lip and her eyes went wide. For a moment she held her breath, but kept her back to him and hurried to the stove to fix their dinner and hope he hadn’t heard her. Quickly she decided to change the subject to distract Hawke. "He probably does not know the first thing of a life outside lavish things. What if he is cruel?"
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 am

Hawke did not get angry easily. The man had a very even personality, it took a lot of poking at him or outright notorious actions to make his blood boil. But this? This made him angry. The short time he had worked in Teledahn he had seen plenty of miserable wives married to men they didn’t love, with pressed on smiles and a cup of wine in their hand that they were constantly drowning in just to make the life around them a little brighter. He didn’t want that life for Cece, for her to be forced into such an arrangement would break his heart. Not to mention he cared for the woman, he didn’t want another man to have her. He did not sit down when she told him down, he did not feel like sitting when he was suffering through a surge of emotion.

“All they could think of? Human sacrifice?”[b/] That’s how he saw it, sacrificing a poor soul to the wolves like people said Riven did. [b]”There must be something else. I have connections, I have friends and money. I can help them pay off their debt or connect them to someone who they can work for and collect the money. Let me settle their debt for I have the status to do so. I can even work for this man, be in his service until the debt is paid” Anything. He’d do anything just so Cece wouldn’t be forced to marry him. Not all nobleman were selfish, cruel creatures but that wasn’t the point. The point was she didn’t love him and he knew that was not what Cece wanted. When she turned away and spoke about love he paused, staring at the back of her head. She loved him? He walked up behind her and brushed her hair back and leaned down to kiss her shoulder “I love you as well” He murmured.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Cecelie hadn’t thought that far into it. She had merely thought of not being able to be with Hawke, but managing to save the family that saved her. She didn’t stop to think how completely miserable she would be with a man she didn’t know. Alright, so she had thought that far ahead, but not in the detail that Hawke was insinuating.

“Human sacrifice?” Cecelie laughed and gave him a look. “I am not sentenced to die, Hawke.” She may not have been, but her spirit surely would be smothered in the confinements of a Noble society. It touched her to know that Hawke cared for her so greatly that he would help a family dear to her. She smiled at him and touched his face. “I will speak to them and see if there is nothing else that can be done.”

Then the words slipped how she loved him and he didn’t grasp onto the new subject. She stayed quiet, biting her lip as she added some spice to their dinner and stirred the noodles. The feeling of his hands touching her hair ignited her body and she leaned her head to the side to allow him more room. She expected more kisses, but the words were entirely better. A smile lit her face as she turned to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, the wooden spoon still in her hand as she leaned up to kiss him. “Say it again.” She nearly breathed the words against his lips in between a passionate kiss, and she seemed to melt into him.
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 pm

He gave her a sad look “It is sacrificing. Giving you up into a situation you do not want is sacrificing.” Sacrifice to him was horrid and disgusting and this was exactly what it was, marrying her off to a stranger to settle debt that they got into themselves. It wasn’t her responbility to fix their mistakes, especially not like this. It was not fair. “I know you care for this family Cecelie, but it should not be you who pays for their troubles. But I am more than willing to pay for it myself” At least he could pay the debt or work the debt off, far better than selling her to the man. He didn’t want to lose her, he couldn’t live with himself if she was sold off. No, he would fix this somehow, someway

When she turned to him and smiled he smiled as well. He had wanted to tell her but just like admitting he cared for her, he had been afraid to say it. However knowing she loved him encouraged the words from his mouth. He kissed her happily, wrapping his arms around her “I love you, Cecelie”
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 pm

The teacher never ceased to be amazes by Hawke. Hehad not been raised by a family yet was so willing to give to others. "How did you learn to be so giving?" She aske with a warm smile. How could anyone learn to be so kind when they were raised to be so cold and hard. Urun soldiers were not known for their kindness or generosity.

As she kissed him she felt her heart pound in her chest. The thought of being promised to another man loomed over her like a dark cloud and she couldn't stand the thought of being with anyone but him. When he said the worse again she smiled and kissed him. "I love you, Hawke." This time when her hands traveled over his body she was not shy and innocent as before. There was still quite a bit of virgin innocence with her, b tCecelie's hands roamed freely over his chest ad stomach as she continued to kiss im. Just as the kiss began to heat her body and she found herself pressing herself against him water boiled and bubbled over on the stove. She managed to tear herself back from Hawke and turn down the stove and stir the water. A sheepish smile spread over her face and she blushed. "I should be careful or I will ruin dinner."
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 pm

He chuckled and touched her cheek “By watching others who do not give” He had been still a boy to most when he had worked in Teledahn, never having seen the world other than Gabreesen. He had been sheltered, so sheltered he didn’t even have an idea in his head what he expected the world to be. So when he had seen it…it had shocked him. Living such a modest life training as a soldier made the glamour of the rich blinding. Especially when he also saw Eder Kemo and how different it was, he saw even clearer the selfish behavior of the aristocrats and abhorred it. He vowed to never be like that, and he had kept that promise to himself.

He remained a gentleman always, but Cece made that very hard. The way she touched and pressed against him made his insides stir, and he did not want another incident like before when he had been sitting on her couch. However being affectionate with her easily made him swept up in her essence, and he at times forgot himself and his manners. However the water boiling saved the day and his male hormones and he took in a breath to calm himself when she moved away. He chuckled and looked at her warmly. Yes…he would find another way to resolve the debt. He would not let her be married to another man when he himself wished to marry her someday.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 am

Throughout all her traveling Cecelie had learned that people were not often so generous. There were very few who would have given their lives and livelihood so easily as Hawke did. Part of her wanted to be selfish and believe he would have done the same for anyone, but she knew him well enough now to know he would give the shirt off his back to help someone in need. It was what she loved about him.

As she stirred the noodles and put the finishing touches on dinner she glanced over her shoulder a few times to smile at Hawke. By the time everything was done it left a mouth watering aroma in her home and left her stomach growling. She had skipped lunch to give it to a child who needed it more than her, so she felt famished. As she put the garlic bread ontop of his bowl of pasta she took both bowls and walked to the kitchen table, beckoning him like a playful seductress. “Come sit, soldier.” Soon she had their dinner set on the table but took both glasses of wine to refill. Hers was nearly empty, and Hawke’s hadn’t even been touched. It only left the Nanite girl feeling more playful than usual as she set the wine down in front of him. “Eat. Drink. You deserve a night of relaxation.” She spoke the words as she ran a hand through his hair and gave him a quick kiss. After the kiss she sat at the small table across from him and began to eat her dinner, brewing over thoughts in her head. Most nights Hawke came to visit but never stayed the night and she began to wonder things about him. “You are still a mystery to me, Hawke Vezzan.” She said in between bites, swallowing first and remembering to be a dainty little lady. As always she spoke to him with a sweet smile on her face. “What do you do after you leave me? Do you ever sleep, or do you simply drink and recharge within five minutes?”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 12:13 pm

He followed her to the table, his own stomach rumbling. He had never eaten so well until Cece, he went many days without food because he didn’t want to bother people for a meal even if they were more than willing to give him one. He knew families struggled for food and he never wanted to take food from them when they needed it. He could easily go to Gabreesen or Teledahn to get a free, hearty meal but that would mean sacrificing time in doing his duty and Hawke liked to do his duty as much as possible. He kissed her in return with a smile, even if the thoughts of the debt swirled dark in the back of his mind. He kept telling himself he would be able to fix it, but still some fear gripped him.

He began to eat after she did, his stomach sighing in relief to get food in his system after a long day. Also with the wound he had his body was craving more substance to help heal him, so he was hungrier than usual. When she spoke he looked up at her and chuckled “Am I?” He didn’t think he was a mystery, he thought he was rather transparent and boring. At her question he smiled warmly “I think of you” He said with almost teasing, but it was true “I wander. I help people if needed. I sleep when I really need it. I avoid any relaxation until my body can take no more”
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Cecelie was also known to go without food. More often than not she would forget to eat dinner and become enwrapped in a painting that she was working on. Since Hawke had come along she had gotten better at eating regularly since she always tried to make a meal hearty enough for a soldier.

Just as she sipped her wine he spoke and made her blush. The young girl smiled and glanced down, that small smile would linger on her the rest of the night if she let it. “I am still getting used to having a regular day in day out life.” When she traveled nothing was ever the same. Each day was entirely different. Everything from the ground they walked on to the people they met to the animals they saw, it was always new. She reached across the table and touched his hand, running her delicate fingers over his. “You can stay here.” She started softly, glancing down to her food and wine. “I enjoy your company and you obviously could use some rest…” She glanced to his leg and gave him a loving look. “And I miss you when you’re gone.”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:22 pm

He chuckled “I have lived this life so long I do not know what is a normal day or not. It has been the same for me always” He had the same routine and same life since a child, it was just the way it had been. He knew nothing else, so it was hard to get bored of his daily routine when he didn’t know how else life could be. He couldn’t imagine having his life be so vastly different every single day. He rather liked having the same routine, he liked knowing what his duty was and what was expected of him.

When she touched his hand he paused, shifting his wrist so he could hold her hand. At her idea for him to stay there he automatically felt conflicted of course and he frowned “People say rumors enough of me visiting. They would only worsen if they knew I spent the night” He knew she didn’t care what others thought, but he did. He didn’t want people giving her a hard time or treating her ill because of the things they suspected. “I can stay at one of the inns” Though yes her company would be far better than being alone in a room trying to ignore the pain in his leg, but he didn’t know if it was very appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:57 pm

“I can show you what a nontraditional day is.” She responded with playful smirk and laughed. In her mind she imagined painting or going out into the wilderness to get a breath of fresh air, and didn’t stop to think the way a man would have taken that statement. If only Cecelie knew the things she said to Hawke weren’t always so innocent.

Of course he was going to argue with her proposal. He was a gentleman and had been raised to be straight laced. Cecelie had been raised to follow her heart and speak her mind. “No.” She said simply and laced her fingers with his. “I will not let you stay in some inn. You can stay here with me. I can take care of you and make you better. Besides, you know I pay no mind to rumors. They are food for thought for the simple minded, and I only care what you think.” Her face then shifted to look playfully sheepish. “I knew you would say yes,” She winked. “So I bought some fruit and extra wine at the market today.” The fact that she had lost half the fruit was beyond the point. She could find other sweets to lure him into staying.
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh his sweet Cecelie…only a true innocent would say the things she said without a devious smirk on her face or naughtiness in her eyes. He was a man so yes he understood the double meaning, but he always knew she didn’t mean it that way, however he still chuckled and smirked a bit to himself as he stared down at his plate but said nothing in response so he wouldn’t laugh. He was just glad she said these things to him and not another man who would take advantage of her statements

How did he know she’d say that? Because she had said it before and he knew her too well. “Cecelie-“ He started but then stopped and laughed when she answered yes for him. Well it was apparent she knew him well also, because like always Hawke eventually gave in to what she wanted and said yes to make her happy. He raised her hand and kissed it “Fine, fine, I will stay for tonight. I will sleep on the couch and leave in the early morning before others stir awake” He swore, the woman could ask him to jump off a bridge and he’d do it.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 pm

It made Cecelie feel good that Hawke gave in to her when he knew she wanted something. As he kissed her hand she smiled sweetly and felt like puddy in his hands, though it was more like he was the one who was being grasped. “Or so you think.” If he thought he was going to be able to leave in the early morning he was wrong. If he thought he was sleeping alone he was wrong, but she wasn’t going to tell him that just yet.

After they finished dinner she stood up and moved the bowls into the sink. Afterwards she grabbed what was left of the berries and went to Hawke to take his hand and guide him to the living room. “Would you like to see my new painting?”

As they entered the living room she set the berries down on the couch and gestured for him to sit. She then pulled out her new painting, a blooming cherry tree she had once seen. “I saw a tree like this in Riven. The Rivenese are a bit rough around the edges, but they have a beautiful landscape.” She touched the painting gently then moved to set up some fresh paint and a small canvas and brought it to Hawke, sitting on the couch next to him. “I want you to paint.”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:20 pm

He laughed again “Why are you so much trouble, Cece?” He teased affectionately, shaking his head humorously “You take advantage of my inability to deny you” But what woman in their right mind wouldn’t? He was sure any woman who had a man wrapped around their finger as tightly as Cece had him would take every chance they could to get what they wanted. He supposed he should just be lucky she wasn’t a woman who wanted things like expensive jewels and other such gifts, for he would be the poorest man in Uru if that were the case but he knew she was too kind hearted to ever use him in that manner.

“Of course” He followed her, loving her paintings and was always honored when she shared a new one with him. He sat down, wincing a bit as the healing muscles in his wound tugged but after some shifting he found a comfortable spot. He smiled at the painting, admiring it. They did not have trees like that here and it made him curious, wondering what it looked like in real life “It is beautiful” He complimented her “Rough? I hear savage, though who really knows, no one ventures there” But he had known other soldiers who had, and who had returned with knives sticking in their bodies. Everyone called them savage beasts, but Hawke had no idea. When she brought him the materials and ask him to paint he gave her a funny look“You want me to what?” Paint? He laughed “It will be hideous. I have never painted in my life”
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

The gypsy girl laughed and scrunched her nose. “I am sure there are things that even you would not do for me.” She would never take advantage of Hawke’s good nature. She would never take advantage of anyone, actually. It had been hard enough to get her to move into the house when there was nothing she could give in return.

Once out in the living room she lit a few candles and toyed with her hair a bit, glancing back to see if he had taken a drink of his wine. She felt as though she may have been up to something, but even she wasn’t entirely sure what she was doing. All she knew was that she wanted him to stay. “They are only savage because there is little known about them. Perhaps we appear as savages to them.” Her time there had been brief and luckily her father had known a member on their council, giving them a pass into the village for a short time.

She set the pallet of paint down on her lap and set the canvas on Hawke’s, being careful not to bump his leg where it was wounded. She then took his hand and wrapped it around the brush. “Paint anything you like. Talent comes from practice.” She then reached down and ate a strawberry, pouting her lips around it as she bit into it, then got another and offered to feed it to Hawke. “Paint anything you enjoy looking at because you will know that detail best.”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm

He shook his head and gave her a gentle look “No, there truly is not” He loved her and would do anything. If she asked him to murder someone, though Hawke would not be proud of it, he would do it. He wanted to keep her safe and happy and well for as long as he was by her side. Maybe it was foolish to do whatever she asked him, but didn’t they say men who were in love were fools? He had yet to touch the wine, though he wasn’t sure why. He usually had some but for some reason he did not feel like being very relaxed when he was going to be spending the night here was a good idea.

He smiled, finding her very wise “We probably do, you are right” He had always wanted to venture to Riven, but had never had a reason to do so "I hear a woman from J'nanin was married to Riven recently" Which made him think of Cece being married off and it soured his mood a bit. It was meant to be an exotic place, but too dangerous for most to get through. The painting though through him off and he laughed, a little embarrassed to paint infront of a woman who was an expert at it. But if she insisted he would try, and picked a color at random and began to brush the canvas with no real order. When she offered the strawberry he chuckled ad carefully bit into it, picking another color and zigzagging the brush about, having no clue what he was doing but hoping it turned into something.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Cecelie smiled at Hawke and gave him a quick kiss. She was curious if there was anything that Hawke wouldn’t do, but she wasn’t about to test him and see how far she could push him. She loved him just as much, and would be willing to do anything for him as well. It was just a strange feeling to know that someone loved her as much as she loved him. It was nearly terrifying, but being in love had her head swimming and on cloud nine.

She watched him paint, glancing at the brush now and again but mostly her gaze stayed on his face. “I wonder how that marriage is going.” She said with a laugh. “Women from J’nanin…” Cecelie smirked and touched Hawke’s hair, running her fingers over it then trailing them down the side of his neck. “Nanite women are tigresses.” Cecelie wasn’t a true Nanite. She was from J’anin, but wasn’t entirely as bossy and hard headed as some of her own people could be. She was much softer. She watched him paint for a little while longer, feeding him berries now and again and drinking wine in between feedings. Soon she moved the berries out from in between them and scooted closer, feeling a little more confidant now that her glass was empty. Her body pressed against his and she toyed with his armor then kissed his cheek. “Would you like to remove your armor, so that you may be more comfortable?”
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 pm

He laughed, trying to figure out what the hell he was painting “I would assume not well” Riven was far different from anywhere else, he couldn’t imagine it was anywhere near a happy marriage. When she touched him he glanced to her with a smile but then paused in painting when she finished her sentence and found himself swallowing hard. After a moment staring at her he cleared his throat and tried to focus on painting again “I…um…I have heard that” Women from J’nanin were like men in Uru, they commanded everything and were not to be messed with. The men here found that horrifying and disgusting that J’nanin men let their women rule them but he found it amusing.

So far his painting looked like…um…he really wasn’t sure, he just kept picking colors and mushing the brush around. When she asked if he wanted to remove his armor he shook his head “I’m comfortable enough” He was used to wearing it, he didn’t even feel it anymore on his body and it also helped keep him prepared for anything now that night was upon Eder Kemo.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm

“Maybe she has power over him and will change Riven as we know it.” She mulled the idea over and smiled. “There could be two places like J’nanin then. More women power and more men getting drunk all the time.” She glanced to his glass of wine playfully. “Would you like some more wine?” The teacher teased and gave him a smile.

Then he said he didn’t want to remove his armor and she became a little discouraged. For a moment she hesitated, then toyed with his armor once again. “Do you still plan on leaving?” If he didn’t want to leave then why wouldn’t he remove his armor? She tried not to show her disappointment on her face, so instead she leaned her head against his shoulder and watched him paint. It would have been more comfortable if he didn’t have his armor on, but that begrudged thought was kept to herself. After a few moments of watching him paint she put her hand over his and showed him a lighter way to move the brush that gave a softer appearance. “What are you painting? It’s beautiful.” Instead of staying disheartened and letting it ruin her evening Cecelie looked down to the pallet of paint and dipped her finger in the red, then looked up to Hawke and smeared it across his nose with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breathe, it's just a bad day.   Breathe, it's just a bad day. Empty

Back to top Go down

Breathe, it's just a bad day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Into the Myst :: Uru :: Eder Kemo-