Into the Myst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is home
Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am

» Tatterdemalion 2.0
Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am

» Translucence
Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:43 pm

» Fear makes the wolf look bigger
Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Emptyby Cecelie Atreyu Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:18 am

» Justice Will Serve
Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Emptyby Hawke Vezzan Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Credits
Layout design by Corky. Altered banner and background credited to their artist. History, ages, creatures, races and concept art credited to Cyan Worlds and Ubisoft, alterations credited to Corky.
OPEN CBOX

Everything Was Going So Well

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female
Character Age : 23
Home Age : Uru

Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Traveling with the family had taught James to be wary of soldiers. Whenever they bumped into them they were always questioned and tossed around. Mostly the men wanted to know if they knew anything about The Art, but they also were dumb and curious why people would travel from age to age seeking knowledge. Many did not stray from their own ages, but most were welcoming to Atreyu, his beautiful wife and daughter, and their commrades. Soldiers never were welcoming... and suddenly one had sweet Cecelie in his grasp.

"Yes, but I am rather curious about you as well. If you do not mind I wish to get to know you a bit better. I only desire to know more about the man who has captured lovely Celie's heart. She is quick to be warm to people, but slow to trust. Tell me how you earned your way into her heart." He asked, clasping his hands behind his back calmly then he shook his head and laughed. "My apologies, that is a question better served with a glass of wine. Let's start with where you come from. Why is such a veteran soldier in Eder Kemo?"
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male
Character Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Hawke had no problem with James wanting to get to know him. He understood he was a friend of Cece and that he cared for her and wanted to make sure she was well taken care of, but he did not approve of the tactics he took. He came off rude and brutish and perhaps maybe that wasn’t how he was or he didn’t know better but it still ruffled Hawke’s feathers and irritated him. However he kept his face stoic and merely gave James a subtle look “It is Cece’s heart. Perhaps you should ask her” He had no right to speak of those things, he didn’t know this man and wasn’t going to discuss his personal relationship.

It was a question never to be asked, but Hawke kept his mouth shut and merely gave him a thin smile “I prefer it here. I do better work here” Hawke was a curt man, Cece brought words out of him better but he did not speak much when it came to others. This man was interrogating him and Hawke didn’t like it.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:42 am

It seemed the soldier would take a while to warm up. Did he ever warm up? Had something gone wrong with Cecelie and now this was the sort of man she liked? No. James knew her better. The soldier must have had a lighter side even if it was ellusive and hid from the naked eye. He rose a brow at Hawke's answer and watched his face seriously. "I suppose I should have a chat with her." And figure out how she had fallen in love with the stone man.

Preferred working in the slums? James smiled, a forced but seemingly genuine curve of the mouth as he walked with Hawke towards Cecelie's home (or so he hoped - he was still rather lost). "Is she safe here? I know she thinks she can take care of herself but..." But what? She was a beautiful girl living alone in an area crawling with foul men. "But she was known to get into trouble as a girl. I am sure she still does." He teased. "Tell me, what do you do for enjoyment? Do you fish? Gamble?"
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:41 pm

“I suppose you should” Why was he so insistent on him and Cece’s relationship? If he really knew her like he claimed then he should know she was a warm and loving person and wouldn’t say yes to marry someone that was unkind to her or a poor match. Was it jealousy that fueled this man? Cece had said she had rejected him once, perhaps the man still harbored feelings for her and that changed things. They were to be wed soon…he didn’t want anyone coming in and messing things up or confusing Cece or convincing her what she was doing was wrong…but he was just jumping to conclusions right? He had no idea that any of that was even going to happen.

“It is not entirely safe here no, not in this part of Eder Kemo. I plan to get us a home in the top grounds. It is far nicer and far safer” He kept his eyes straight but glanced to him from time to time as they walked “I keep an eye out for her” It was his duty to protect her and he thought so far he was doing quite a good job at it. He didn’t crack a smile when he teased that Cece got in trouble, even though he knew it was true. ”I do not fish. I do not gamble. I do not have leisure” What was it with Nanites and leisure? He had heard they loved leisure but Cece had asked him several times before what he did for fun and insisted he needed time to have fun, and now James.
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:22 pm

The soldier had begun to rub James the wrong way, but now he had entirely lost faith that the man was kind. Cecelie deserved someone sweet and charming, though manly enough to know when to put her in her place. The jovial old friend watched Hawke with a more serious expression then continued walking without looking much more at the soldier.

"Do you ever crack a smile?" James asked as one more attempt to get the soldier to lighten up. "I am merely trying to understand why the Celie that I know chose a soldier as her husband. Especially after what happened to her mother and family, and the way we were treated. She typically enjoys a more playful man... Are you a jester underneath your stoic nature, Mr. Vezzan?" Jame may have been bold but it was the way he was raised, and the way he had always spoken to Cecelie.
Back to top Go down
Hawke Vezzan
Soldier
Hawke Vezzan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:43 pm

It seemed both men were doing a good job in irritating one another. “I smile when I have reason too” He wasn’t a smiley man, he hadn’t been trained too. Smiling was when you were happy and joyful, and right now Hawke was rather neutral…and irritated, so he had no reason to smile. Cece made him smile all the time and a few friends could get a laugh out of him, but he felt no reason to put a smile on his face for the sake of doing so. He was meant to look intimidating , it was part of the job, if he looked friendly no one would be afraid of him and then what was the point in that? He didn’t like to use fear as a tactic but around here that was all that controlled people, fear and strength.

He sighed some “If you wish to know that then you must ask her.” He paused in walking and looked at him “But if you do claim to know her as well as you say, then you know she would not choose a man that was wrong for her. Cece is smart and knows what she wants and does not want. She is not an idiotic little girl” He said it defensively. This man was questioning Cece’s judgment as if she had no idea what she was doing, and that did not settle well with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything Was Going So Well   Everything Was Going So Well - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything Was Going So Well

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Into the Myst :: Uru :: Kadish-