Into the Myst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 141 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 am
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is home
Meet The Parents Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am

» Tatterdemalion 2.0
Meet The Parents Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am

» Translucence
Meet The Parents Emptyby Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:43 pm

» Fear makes the wolf look bigger
Meet The Parents Emptyby Cecelie Atreyu Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:18 am

» Justice Will Serve
Meet The Parents Emptyby Hawke Vezzan Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Credits
Layout design by Corky. Altered banner and background credited to their artist. History, ages, creatures, races and concept art credited to Cyan Worlds and Ubisoft, alterations credited to Corky.
OPEN CBOX

Meet The Parents

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female
Character Age : 19
Home Age : J'nanin

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Lorelei was a nervous wreck. She was starting to rethink going to see her family…she was terrified what would happen when they saw her show up with Noel and the fact she was pregnant, a detail she had asked Noel not to bring up right away. She wanted her family to feel relaxed around him before they broke the news about the child instead of springing it on them right away. While Noel attended some business she moved around the hut gathering things for their trip. Canyon followed her about faithfully as always, but she wasn’t going to bring him, she didn’t think her parents would be pleased with both Noel and a wolf in their home and was leaving him in the care of Israel and Isadora, the only two people he had been around often enough to trust.

She had tried to make herself look Nanite again, which she thought would be easy but hadn’t realized how different she had come to look in her time in Riven. She brushed out her hair and put braids in it to tie back the hair in the front and was wearing one of her J’nanin dresses that she hadn’t wore in some time, and the flowy fabric helped hide the small bump that had grown in the past month. She sat on the bed and sighed, wondering if it was a good idea. It had at first but now…now she just wasn’t sure.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male
Character Age : 28
Home Age : Riven

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Lorelei wasn’t the only one nervous about going to J’nanin. Noel knew it should be a somewhat peaceful trip on good faith to ensure the Nanite’s that their young woman was in good hands. Other Ages had mingled with one another in marriage, why did Riven have to be so different? Because Riven was good just the way it was, and the people did not like change. They did like their leader going to J’nanin to remind them how powerful he was, and that he had ahold of one of their women. They did not see this as a peaceful thing. They saw it as a reminder to the Nanites not to steal their things (because they were honestly not convinced that J’nanin was innocent).

After attending to business so he may leave for a short time (Gehn please let it only be one night) he returned home. He had walked his stallion slow and set him out to pasture even slower. Why had he agreed to go? Why couldn’t she just take some of the guards with her and return with stories and ease her way into motherhood now that she had been comforted? He ran his hand over his hair as he walked inside, looking for Lorelei. “Are we near ready to go?” He asked, knowing the few guards that would come with them were ready and packed though it would be a short trip.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

She wanted Noel to go so her family would know she was safe and happy and so he could get a piece of her world like she was a part of his. She knew his mother and friends and she just wanted the same…at least she had until now, now she was worried. Nanite women were just as fierce as Rivenese men, who knew what would happen…oh goodness, why had she done this? She was really starting to think it was a bad idea, but she didn’t want to turn back now. She really did want to see her family and she knew deep down it was best Noel came with her.

When he came home she put on a smile and nodded, standing up from the bed “Yes, yes, I packed us a few things” She didn’t know how long they’d be her, she supposed it depended on how long her family wanted them (him) there. She then sighed “Are you certain we need the guards? It…it might make them nervous…” She knew it was for protection but Nanites were hardly known for being violent with their fists, just their words. She then kneeled down and petted Canyon, kissing his face “Be a good boy” She told him gently before standing again.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Noel was patiently waiting for Lorelei to change her mind at any moment and tell him to stay home. He glanced at the things she had packed and let out a long breath, trying to prepare himself for travel. It had been so long since he traveled outside of Riven. He had not even gone to J’nanin to see her, they had brought her to him. If he didn’t leave Riven soon he was going to be an old man stuck in his ways who never left his house.

“Yes. They will not carry spears in plain sight, and I chose some of the smaller men.” Did that help ease her worry? The men traveling with them were two smaller, stealthier warriors who only carried short blades tucked into their belts. “I will be.” He jested when she told Canyon to be a good boy. Noel could try to be good, but he hadn’t promised anything yet. He heaved one of the bags she packed over his shoulder and set foot towards the trail to take them to the portal. “I hope my Narayan is getting better.” He said idly in Narayan, better than when they first got married. The Riven leader had practiced some in private just incase (but hoping that it wouldn’t) this day would ever come.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

She let out a soft breath, not completely happy with it but she’d respect his wish to bring guards with them “That…is better…” Wasn’t ideal, but at least he hadn’t chosen guards that looked like him, but to Riven it would still make them nervous and wary to have so many Rivenese in their Age but maybe it was also a opportunity to show them they weren’t all mindless animals. When he joked she gave him a playful look and laughed, going to him and giving him a kiss “You better be good” She teased in return, poking his chest and some of the heaviness and nerves she felt became a bit alleviated to play around with him. Yes…she was glad Noel was coming. He’d be there for her in case her family bulldozed her.

She put Canyon in the pen with the horses to keep him from following and he paced and whined, which broke her heart but she knew she’d be back to see him. As they walked to the portal she felt her heart racing, both stressful and happy. She smiled and nodded “It is good.” She praised him, touching his arm “They will be impressed you can speak Narayan. I am sure it will help ease them” She said brightly, trying to force her spirits up because it was better than worrying and stressing. When they got to the portal she took in a deep breath and let it out. Oh boy….what had she gotten them into?
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

The guards that were coming with were young and glad to take the opportunity to see another Age. Most older warriors would refuse to go to another age just simply because Noel wanted to return to his wife’s homeland.

Noel continued to try and make light of the situation and toyed with her as they got ready for their travel. He touched Lorelei’s side and let his fingers graze over hers until they were back out into the public eye and the warriors followed them to the portal. He didn’t plan to speak much at all, but he knew enough Narayan to get himself around and keep his head floating… hopefully.

Once they came to the portal he shifted the weight of his bag on his shoulder and touched his hand to the end of his sword. The light in the other age would bewilder and set him alight, so he wanted to keep himself prepared. Not that he planned to fight, but it was a comfort to remember that his weapon was there should he need it.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 pm

She glanced back at the guards periodically, just hoping they behaved and wouldn’t be too quick to step in if something happened, because Nanite women….well, the men would be in for one hell of a shock that was for sure. They were young so she hoped they wouldn’t be as angry and judgmental as perhaps older men would be and maybe enjoy themselves a little bit. Riven had its beauty but so did J’nanin, nothing she was sure was like J’nanin’s beaches. She couldn’t wait to see the ocean there again and walk along the water and pick up seashells. She had loved doing that.

She gave him a kiss “I’ll go first” She said, giving him a smile before going to the portal and stepping in. A minute later she was transported and she held her breath for a moment before sliding the door open and was greeted by the cool air and cloudy sky of J’nanin. She walked a few steps from the portal and looked around, feeling her heart soar and she grinned brightly. She twirled around and took in a deep breath. She was home…and it felt so amazing.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:11 am

The guards had been ordered to only strike if it was life threatening or if Noel commanded. He knew J’nanin would be different, but he was still in for a surprise. The only J’nanin woman he had ever met outside of negotiations was Lorelei, and the women at negotiations were thick brutish women. They couldn’t possibly all be like that or no man would ever have the audacity to court with them. Although if it really came down to it and he was desperate enough he supposed… No, stop thinking of them that way.

He nodded when Lorelei said she should go first and kissed her just before she left. Soon after Noel followed suit and ordered the guards close behind. As they all stepped into J’nanin they were all struck with awe. It was so cool and refreshing, like Riven after a storm but the air was not thick. All three men gazed around in awe, and Noel kept his hand on his sword as he did. It smelled different. It felt different in the air. Even the sky was different here. The two guards were mesmerized by it, but Noel hid it better than they and stepped closer to Lorelei. “Is the air always this cool?” He was so used to the heat and humidity, what would he do with himself here? After speaking he looked all around then stepped forward to get Lorelei walking and headed to her parent’s home.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:11 am

There was a giant grin on her face and she giggled at the men’s reactions “It is. Sun doesn’t shine much here” Before she was used to it, the coolness never bothered her when she grew up in it, but now suddenly it felt so cold and she got goose bumps on her arms but it didn’t matter, she still loved it. As Noel stepped forward she began walking towards the village, pointing out different plants and birds and rocks…practically everything that wasn’t in Riven she explained it to Noel, excitement bubbling out of her. It was fun to her to show him her Age just as he had shown her his and she wanted him to love J’nanin as she had come to love Riven. But as they reached the village land began to walk through…that’s when the trouble began.

The village wasn’t as busy as Riven’s, but people milled about and children ran and played. It was late morning, people where greeting one another for the day and sharing stories or recipes or gossip like always. But as Lorelei and Noel walked through, everything in the village stopped and gawked at them. Some people took one look at Noel and his guards and fled inside, while others merely grabbed their children close and stared fearfully as they passed. The braver souls whispered, some calling out to Lorelei in confusion but she only smiled and tried to wave to them only for them to stare at her like she a beaten slave being dragged back home. Her heart raced fast and she glanced to Noel then behind her to see a small crowd very carefully following them.

Soon she saw her home come into sight and she grabbed Noel’s arm and squeezed it, a big smile lighting her face “There. That’s my home!” She said happily and then spotted her mother outside sweeping. “Mama!” She called and her mother looked up startled, her eyes widening when she saw Lorelei. She was pale like her daughter, with long white blonde hair in a braid and she dropped the broom when she saw her “Lorelei?! Oh, Lorelei!” She said in relief and Lorelei ran forward to hug her, her mother smothering her in utter happiness before leaning back to get a better look at her “Your home! Oh, thank the ocean, your home! I was so worried! Oh, I was so worried, my poor baby” Her mother brought her back into a hug.

“You’re so different!” Lorelei’s skin wasn’t as pale, her hair wasn’t as smooth anymore, to her mother she looked completely changed. Lorelei chuckled “I am not so different, mama” She said as her mother glance to the house “HOWARD! Howard Lorelei is here!” She called before looking back to her daughter with a beaming face…only to finally see Noel and his men. Her mother stiffened “What is this?” She asked in confusion and Lorelei smiled and looked back “Mama, this is Noel. This is my husband” She said with a smile and her mother locked eyes on him like he was death trying to steal her baby away “Your husband” She said harshly and started marching forward.

Lorelei frowned “Mama-“ She said in caution only to watch as she charged up to Noel and slapped him straight across the face. Lorelei gasped“MAMA!” She said in horror and rushed over to them as her mother began to rant “You disgusting, filthy beast! How DARE you step foot into this Age! How dare you show your savage face after stealing my baby away! Just a girl and you take her from us like you have some damned right! Who knows what you’ve even done to her you bastard! I should skin you alive right here!!” She shouted and Lorelei tried to get between them “MAMA! He can understand you! I asked him to come here with me!” But her mother wasn’t listening “He can understand?! GOOD! GOOD! I WANT HIM TO UNDERSTAND EVERY DAMNED WORD!” She screeched
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 pm

The new Age fascinated Noel. He looked about as Lorelei explained things to him and the guards behind him were like young pups brought into a new land, out hunting for the very first time. They watched Noel, but were so intrigued by J’nanin that they hardly heard a word Lorelei said. Noel, on the other hand, took in every word she said and memorized it.

The crowd behind them did not go unnoticed. Though he did not turn to look at them Noel knew he was not welcome here. He was a stranger. He was the leader of the Age that had called J’nanin guilty thieves, and though they had given a peace offering he was still convinced that he vermin who stole had originally been Nanites. Still, he kept his mouth shut and walked with a stern but stoic air about him as he walked alongside Lorelei.

Once they were to her home it irked him that she still called it that. Was Riven not her home? He walked slower, letting her run to her mother before he halted a few feet back with the warriors behind him. They stood at attention ready to strike if given the command, but knew not to attack without an order.

Noel stood rigid when Lorelei’s mother turned to him. His face serious as the day was long and when she rushed him and slapped him he was quick to grab her wrist too tightly and hold it in place. She may have been a Nanite and the mother of his wife, but he was still a Rivenese warrior and would not tolerate being struck. “You offered her.” He spoke narayan slowly in a cold tone. “She was not stolen.” There was still some courtesy in him that he did not spit venom and call her mother all the names he had running in his head. “I came peacefully, but if you put your hand on me again I will change my mind.” With that he dropped her hand and stared down coldly at her.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Lorelei didn’t feel good about it, but now at least Noel got a piece of how she felt when she first went to Riven. She had been stared at and would constantly hear angry whispers from behind her back, just like her people were doing now. She wished for a moment she lived in Uru, where it was so diverse that no one batted an eye to people who appeared foreign. She loved Riven and it was home to her now, but J’nanin was where she grew up and not even being in Riven with Noel could replace that fact. Her home was also here where she had been born and where her family lived, just as her child would know Riven as its home but she also hoped it could call J’nanin a second home.

Her mother snarled and tried to yank her hand back “You let me go you heathen!” She yelled as Lorelei panicked and tried to calm the two down. If only her mother knew if she had attempted that in Riven she’d get her hand cut off, she was getting off very lucky for her actions. Her mouth huffed and puffed like a raging bull “I didn’t offer her! The council did! And it was meant to be a temporary peace offering not a permanent arrangement to steal her from us you sneaky bastards!” Then the threat sent her off and she motioned wildly to him “You hear that?! A THREAT! That’s all these people are, hungry cannibals! All they want is bloodshed!” The crowd looking on shifted uncomfortably, getting worked up by her mother’s words.

“Mama, calm yourself down!” Lorelei insisted and her mother gave her a look “You don’t need to defend him, Lorelei! He won’t hurt you here! We won’t let him!” And this made Lorelei groan “Mama, do I look beaten to you?” Just then a man came out from the house with white hair and a aging face “What in the ocean is going on?” He saw Lorelei and smiled “My little bird!” He hugged her quick and Lorelei shared a smile with him before he looked at the his wife then the giant man “What’s going on?” He asked again and Lorelei sighed “Mama is going insane, that’s what” She said and her mother huffed “This man! Lorelei cannot even visit without them watching like vultures!”. Her father sighed “Now Patrice, let’s just calm down here a moment. Our daughters here, lets’ just enjoy this and hear what-“ he got cut off by his wife.

“Oh shut up Howard! You don’t know what the hell you’re saying!” She turned to Noel “I’m going to the council about this” She started to storm off and Lorelei stared after her like she was unbelievable “Mama! For ocean’s sake just stay here and be with your daughter!” But her mother kept going, cutting through the gawking crowd. Her father sighed and put an arm around Lorelei to hug her again “You know how your mama is, just…let her rant. Council can’t do a thing, we got no rule about foreigners” He then turned to look at Noel and motioned to them “So…who are these men anyway?” He asked and Lorelei sighed “This is my husband, Noel” At the word husband her father choked “H-husband..?” This huge mountain of a man was married to his tiny little daughter? He blinked at the man before slowly offering his hand “Well…nice to meet ya, I suppose” He looked flabbergasted then motioned to the house “Come on, let’s go inside away from the gawking yahoos”
Back to top Go down
Cecelie Atreyu
Commoner
Cecelie Atreyu

Female
Character Age : 23
Home Age : Uru

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:42 pm

The large man growled as the nanite mother screeched at him. “Are you always so shrill when you nag?” The yelling and threat to go to council did nothing for Noel and it brushed off his shoulders. Now he had remembered why he never visited J’nanin. The people here acted like they all held the power of a queen, though none of them actually acted on anything.

He continued to growl even as she stormed off and the warriors behind him shifted and toyed with the handles of their swords. Their hands itched to pull their blades out and show the woman where her place was among their leader, but they would not move without an order or life threat.

Once the woman was gone he looked to the aging man who stepped out. His eyes more calm now and there was less of a looming threat in them with Lorelei’s mother gone. He looked down at the hand extended to him, then reached out and shook it with his own large mitt. “You as well.” Though it wasn’t nice to meet him under this hostility. When he offered to go inside Noel nodded and looked to their home, curious how the Nanites lived within their own homes.
Back to top Go down
Corky
Admin
Corky

Female
Character Age : 21
Home Age : THE SNOW : /

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Her father chuckled in surprise “Quite a…a grip there” Men in J’nanin had fluff instead of muscle, only the ones that worked on boats had any strength and Howard wasn’t one of them. He used them instead before waving off the crowd “Eh, get on with your lives. Go on! Get!” He told them before closing the door once everyone was inside. Homes in J’nanin were…homey. Clutter about, a nice table and decent furniture, much larger then Riven’s huts and more glamorous to a Rivenese, though not glamorous at the same time and stairs leading up. Once instead Howard hugged her daughter again happily “My baby girl” He said and Lorelei smiled and laughed “I’ve missed you daddy” She said affectionately and he leaned back to look at her. He beamed at her for a few moments before looking to Noel.

“So…your husband” He said slowly, trying to wrap his head around it as he looked Noel over. “He’s very…frightening. And large.” Lorelei laughed and took Noels hand in hers “I came here to show you I was alright and safe. I’m happy” She said genuinely and her father took in a breath and sighed “He treats you right then? He just looks…difficult” He asked and she smiled “He can understand and speak Narayan quite well. You can speak to him directly” She encouraged him and her father shifted and crossed his arms, still eyeing the man and obviously having difficulty with thinking this man was married to Lorelei.

“Look, I’m not happy about this arrangement. I have issues with it just like my wife.” He started, speaking to Noel directly “But, if you treat her well and not like some bitch then I’m decent with the idea of this. If Lorelei says she’s happy then I’m happy” He looked to Lorelei and chuckled “And I can’t say I’ve ever seen my daughters face so lit up before”
Back to top Go down
https://intothemyst.forumotion.com
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Once Noel had been rubbed the wrong way it was hard to bring him back, though Lorelei’s had a grip on him that made him act more respectable. He followed them inside and the warriors stood at attention outside their home. Noel looked around the home with wonder and curiosity in his normally stern eyes, feeling more at ease to show expression now that it was only Lorelei and her kin.

While they spoke he stood in one spot, though he looked all around and listened to them speak to one another, chuckling mentally to himself when Howard called him difficult. He could be rather difficult, couldn’t he? He straightened himself as Howard approached and crossed his arms over his broad chest, only to drop them shortly after. “I treat her well.” If he treated her poorly why would he bring her back to J’nanin at all? Why not keep her locked away in some tower? He glanced to Lorelei at the mention of her lighting up, then back to her father. “She is always exuberant.” At least she was whenever she was with him. “She is radiant.” Positively glowing.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm

She rubbed Noel’s arm and smiled up at him “Relax” She knew he was tense because of her mother and being in a strange place, but she knew no true harm would come to him other than some angry yelling women perhaps. When Noel called her radiant she smiled more and kissed his arm “He is a good man. A good husband” She said as she turned to look back at her father. Howard was a reasonable man, he saw with his eyes then let his temper go wild like her mother, but she could tell he simply could not comprehend Noel with her but he was trying to be understanding. His daughter did not appear oppressed or sad or miserable, she truly seemed happy and although he couldn’t believe it to be true it seemed to be.

He sighed “Your mother will be harder to convince of your so called happiness” He grimaced and looked down “The marriage…it is….?” He motioned between them, not wanting to use such an accurate word “…final?” Consummate was the proper word but he couldn’t bring himself to say it, not about his little girl. Lorelei merely pursed her lips and stayed quiet and her father made a worse face “Ah” He quickly decided to move on, not wanting to dwell on such a thing. He shook his head and ran a hand over his face “Perhaps you should walk the village with him. Let the people see he is harmless and that you accept him.” Lorelei nodded and her father chuckled and gave them a smile “And so when your mother returns, I’m sure with your sister, they can rant to themselves for a while before ranting to you”

Lorelei nodded again in agreement and hugged her father once more “Thank you” For being on her side and being a voice of reason. She then turned to Noel “Come. I’ll show you the village”
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm

It was hard for Noel to relax in such a place when all he wanted to do was defend Lorelei and their marriage. He wanted to take her home where the people respected her and respected him. Why would anyone desire to sit in such a place where the men were belittled and the women were shrill? Noel was thanked Gehn that Lorelei was not like the women here.

As her father questioned their marriage he raised a brow and glanced to Lorelei, then to her father with an unmoved expression. What had he expected? Had this family expected to give Riven a temporary gift? It was so strange to think of his little Nanite wife as a peace treaty now. She was a gift, but not in the sense that she could ever be traded. She was a gift to him and the most precious one he had.

“A mother and sister… wonderful.” More Nanite women. He stepped outside with Lorelei and walked to the village, his spine as straight and his chest just as out as when he walked through their home village to an important council meeting. As they walked he looked more at the people than the sights to see, watching their faces and waiting for the whispers to begin.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Her father snorted at Noel’s comment “Yeah, try living with them every day…” He grumbled. Her sister took after her mother, both of them were typical J’nanin women with sharp tongues and hot tempers, so she was happy to get Noel out of the house. Her mother and sister could rant to the council then come home and rant to themselves, and if they were lucky they’d lose a little steam by the time they returned. Lorelei was sad however, she wanted this to be a happy reunion; instead she had gotten three seconds with her mother before she stormed off and she was sure her sister would be too pissed for Lorelei to enjoy seeing her again as well. Why did her family have to ruin this?

She walked with him through the village, pointing out different things “That is where they keep the fish after their caught, and that over there is the bar, well one of the bars….if you cannot find a man in J’nanin, he is there. And that tall building is the observatory, it was once a lighthouse…” As she chatted people gawked at Noel, the men rather in awe and the women with hatred. Some came up to hug Lorelei and welcome her home, but either ignored Noel or gave him dirty looks before walking away. Finally they reached the edge of the village and she took Noel’s hand and smiled “I will show you my favorite part of J’nanin” She told him brightly before leading him down a sandy slope. The sound of the ocean grew louder as they walked down to a part of the beach, the clear blue waves crashing up against the shore.

“This was my escape” She told him, picking up her dress some before walking near the water to let the water swirl around her feet “I used to sit on those rocks” She pointed back behind them “And I’d sit and read. It was just nice to get away from the village. She turned back to the ocean and gazed out happily. Oh she had missed this…it was perfect.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:52 am

Noel now understood why the men in J’nanin drank so much. In Riven people drank wine in celebration or just for curing thirst, but the men here seemed to need an escape. As they walked he watched the people, his expression calm. The two warriors walked at ease behind them, looking all around and trying to hear Lorelei as she explained things. The words she said went in Noel and he stored them but was only half listening. Instead he was watching the people and their rude expressions. Did Riven seem this hateful towards others? They were called savages but to wed couples and somewhat newcomers (like Lorelei) they were… sort of welcoming.

Once they went down to the beach Noel motioned for the warriors to fall back. They stayed back closer to the village, eyeing the bar with interest though they would not stray far from their leader. Noel walked into the sand and looked out, then looked up to the grey sky. It would be lovelier if the sun was out but he was not one to complain. “Do you miss it? J’nanin?” He thought she had been happy in Riven, but maybe he was wrong. He stayed a few steps back from her and kept himself anchored on land rather than enjoying the crystal clear waters.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:32 pm

She nodded at his question “I do” She said a bit wistfully. She missed the ocean, and the cloudy skies, the festivals, the books, just the smell in the air….but she realized even though she missed it, she had never really felt like she fit in. She had never been like the other women, loud and bossy. She hadn’t liked to drink or to participate much in the festivals. Mostly people bossed her around because she was a push over and she liked to read, that’s all she did. She turned to look at him and frowned softly, realizing perhaps her husband may feel upset somehow by how much she was excited to be here.

She turned around and walked over to him, sliding her hands up his chest then kissed over his heart before looking up to him “I do miss it here. But not as much as I would miss you” If she had to pick between Noel and J’nanin, she’d pick Noel without a second thought. He and Riven were where she lived now, she was happy “My true home for me now is wherever you are” She leaned up to kiss him and gave him a smile before pulling on his arms “Come. Come into the water with me” It was freezing cold to outsiders, even to Lorelei her time away made the ocean water feel cold, but she still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:18 pm

It baffled the leader how she could miss such a gloomy place. Did the sun ever come out? He never paid much mind to J’nanin’s climate. He only paid attention to the things the council members and villagers told him regarding the sort of people that lived in the Ages. He watched her as she stepped into the water and said she missed him, then looked up at the grey sky.

Soon he was brought back down to earth as she said she would miss him. There was no smile to illuminate his face, though the statement made him happy. He didn’t say anything in response, but instead followed her out to the water. He stepped in and inwardly grimaced at the cold but did not show it. The water back home was always cool, but it was relief from the heat. He waded in towards her then moved quickly to pick her up and lift her high, spinning her in a circle before slowly lowering her down enough to kiss her (though her feet still would not touch the ground). After a loving kiss he spun her again, though this time held her closely to him and kissed her shoulder. “When will we tell them?” It was strange her family didn’t already know, but reassured him that there were no spies in Riven to spill their secrets.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:16 pm

There was a time his silence baffled her, where she was utterly clueless what he was thinking or feeling, but now she was better at it. Now Noel did not have to say anything or show emotion, but she could still tell by the tiniest of change what he was thinking and she knew what she said had pleased him. She had brought the poor man here and started to wonder if perhaps she should have let him stay in Riven. But then what? Her mother probably would have smothered her and locked her up somewhere so she couldn’t return; she wouldn’t put it past her. Even though Noel had stirred anger in the village, she still felt better to have him here against her family.

When he suddenly picked her up she gasped and squealed before breaking out into laughter. Why couldn’t her parents see this? See Noel as a true human, who was capable of playfulness, instead of the stone cold killer they saw? She slid her arms around his neck as she laughed and kissed him in return. She squealed once more at the second spin, nuzzling her face into his neck with a big grin on her face. At his question she sighed “When…my mother calms down. Perhaps then” Perhaps…she was afraid to tell her family at all, if they reacted so strongly against Noel just being here how would they react to her carrying his child? She leaned back and frowned at him “I’m so sorry about how my mother reacted….I knew she’d be angry but not like that”
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:50 pm

It was a rare moment that Noel was playful. It was something hardly seen, though once in a blue moon it did come out. He was much younger than most men who had led Riven, and his warriors were reminded of that when he would play a trick on them (though it only happened once a year… if that). His wife was reminded that he was not some old, stone cold man each and every day. He made it a goal to remind her how he truly could be.

He held her up on his chest for a few more moments before setting her down slowly and cupping her face. “We do not have to tell her… or we could tell her once we are half way back to Riven.” Noel smirked at the idea and his eyes lit up with mischief. He stood up a little straighter and let his hand graze over her stomach. “Do women in J’nanin drink? If we wait long enough perhaps your father will hydrate her and calm her down.” For the very first time Noel felt like a young boy. A foolish, young boy who had gotten a girl pregnant and did not want to tell her parents. He swallowed then laughed. "We are married. What did she expect?"
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:09 pm

She traced her hands along his shoulders then down his arms as he set her down, feeling a happy tingle up her spine as her feet felt the cold water and sand between her toes. She laughed at his suggestion and shook her head in amusement “You are terrible” She teased, glad to see some spirit back in him and not so somber like he had been before. She laughed “Do they drink? Please, most of them can drink men under the table” She giggled, and then made a face “I am sure they thought is as a formality, they did not truly think you would bed me because I am so young” She touched his face and kissed him “They think I am a girl…you make me a woman” She said playfully.

“Lorelei!” She heard a voice call her and she turned curiously, her face lighting up “Maggie!” She exclaimed, a woman coming down the slope and hugging Lorelei “I heard you were back! Everyone thought you dead” They embraced for a moment before the red head looked to Noel and her eyes almost popped out “Holy shit. So this is him, the monster everyone’s been talking about”. Lorelei leaned against Noel with a smile “This is Noel, my husband. Noel, this is Maggie. She’s my best friend”. Maggie looked him over “Damn, do they make them all like this in Riven?” She asked with admiration and Lorelei shook her head “Uh, no, Noel is rather larger than most Rivenese men” She explained and Maggie grinned, looking him up and down “I bet he is” She teased and Lorelei gave her a look “Maggie!” She giggled and Maggie laughed as well “You must have had quite the wedding night. I mean Stewart did a couple thrusts and rolled over to fall asleep. This one…I would think you’d pass out in the middle of it” Lorelei playfully hit her “Maggie he can understand!”. Her friend grinned “Can he? Well” She reached out and touched Noel’s stomach, her jaw dropping some as she rubbed it “Oh, ocean waves, that’s a nice…flat…stomach you have their” She looked to Lorelei, who was laughing and shaking her head ”Do you feel this? Good grief. You can eat off of it!” She kept rubbing his stomach and abs, rather memorized.
Back to top Go down
Noel Louvel
Riven Village Leader
Noel Louvel

Male

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:02 am

It would impress Noel to see a woman that could drink more than him. The man was like a camel, he could house the liquid away and save it for later though it was not clear where he put it. He laughed at her next comment. “You? A girl? If only they knew.” He chuckled some more at the thought, though it stirred him to be reminded of her in bed. She was no girl. Lorelei knew how to wrap him around her tiny little pinky.

Then the red came running and Noel relinquished any smile on his face, going back to his stoic nature as the two embraced. He stayed quiet even when introduced, giving her a small head nod like a foreigner who didn’t speak the language. He could have continued playing that card had Lorelei not outed him and told Maggie he could understand. It would have been so interesting to hear people speak when they thought he didn’t understand. The lack of shyness in the girl made Noel do something so rare most Rivenese had not seen it and he chuckled in front of the stranger. It was a quiet laugh, but a smile accompanied it and creased his eyes. The smile turned more surprised when she touched him and he tensed his muscles, pulling back from her hand. Rather than swatting her away he took her hand gently and held it before pushing it away. “Nice to meet you too, Maggie.” He spoke, his voice deep though he was almost embarrassed by her boldness. Was this the sort of Nanite that other’s knew?
Back to top Go down
Lorelei Louvel
Rivenese
Lorelei Louvel

Female

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:33 am

She chuckled “It would be better if they didn’t” If her parents knew what they did in bed? They’d hang Noel. Not that J’nanin women weren’t supposed to be dominate, they were in fact expected to always be on top and be aggressive for most couples, but her parents would not be pleased to know their little girl was not only having sex but enjoyed when she rode her husband. She knew when she told them of her pregnancy they would assume Noel had raped her, which perhaps wasn’t entirely false in the beginning of there marriage, she had not wanted to sleep with him then but now she quite commonly pursued sex with him and they had conceived this child when they had truly become lovers. But she knew she wouldn’t be given hardly a second to explain that all.

Lorelei loved Maggie, they were best friends for a reason. Even with Maggie being so more outgoing then her and aggressive, they had always gotten along because Maggie wasn’t so close minded like some other Nanites. When he moved her hand away she chuckled “Aw, he’s shy!” She said looking to Lorelei then back to Noel “Listen honey don’t be shy about that” She motioned to his abs “It looks like the ocean carved you itself. I mean seriously Lorelei, sex with him must be amazing! I hate you” She playfully shoved Lorelei and then crossed her arms. “Do you think they’ll let me trade in Stewart for one of him?”. Lorelei blushed “Maggie, you never change…I thought you’d be angry like everyone else” And her friend shrugged “Well I was. I was going to come here and give him a piece of my mind. But then I saw you two kissing and playing in the water and well, figured you weren’t an oppressed slave like everyone was saying”

Lorelei sighed “I’m not. Everyone is just going overboard”. Maggie snorted “You got that right. Saw your mama yelling and screaming at the council members. Don’t know why. If my daughter was married to that I’d dance”. The two girls giggled then Maggie put a hand over Lorelei’s stomach [b]“Anyway, your pregnant, she can’t do anything”. Lorelei’s eyes widened “How-?”She gasped and Maggie smirked “The ocean air blew your dress back. Unless you’ve been eating a bunch of Riven meat, don’t see why you’d have such a round little belly” She then hugged Lorelei tightly “I’m happy for you” She then leaned back and smacked Noel’s arm “I’m happy for you too, you giant, sexy man. Do Rivenese hug?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet The Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Parents   Meet The Parents Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet The Parents

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Into the Myst :: J'nanin :: Village-